Training for Hispanics in the Workplace provides Leadership Workshops that have been designed for the specific workplace learning needs of Spanish speaking Supervisors. The training is provided ON-SITE at your facility.
Workshops can be presented in SPANISH or ENGLISH.
Live On-site Leadership Training:
The Leadership Training in Spanish consists of the following 4 workshops and they are designed to be delivered in 3 hours each:
- Essential Leadership Skills for Supervisors
- Effective Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Providing Effective Feedback
Learning Objectives of the Workshops:
Essential Leadership Skills for Team Leaders:
The Issues and Challenges of the Team Leader:
Studies have shown that up to 40% of a team leader’s time is spent dealing with employees’ personal and work-related issues. Team leaders need to have the essential leadership skills required to deal with:
- Employees who are not motivated to do better
- Favoritism in the workplace
- Lack of respect issues
- Low employee morale
- Effective Leadership Behaviors
- Dealing with Favoritism in the workplace
- Providing Employee Recognition
- Respect in the Workplace
Effective Communication Skills:
Poor Communication Skills are Costly. When team leaders do not provide clear instructions, the team members are unable to perform their daily tasks accurately. This leads to mistakes confusion, stress and lack of trust. Poor communication also leads to incomplete information, conflict, and gossip in the workplace.
The Problems of Ineffective Communications:
The majority of conflicts in the workplace are caused by inefficient communication skills. When there are communication problems, working relationships suffer and people are hesitant to open up. If communication problems are not addressed in a timely manner, the workplace culture, productivity and individual performance deteriorate.
- Effective communication principles
- The impact of Body language and Voice Tone
- Communicating basic work expectations
- Communication Skills Exercises
Conflict Resolution Skills:
Conflict occurs when the needs or desires of two or more individuals are incompatible. When people compete for the same thing — whether it is money, materials, space, time or any other resource — they are in conflict.
During conflict situations, our communication and interpersonal skills are tested. Conflict in the workplace is inevitable and our individual responses can intensify, diminish or resolve the conflict. As leaders, our goal is to manage conflict and resolve problematic issues.
Most team members are conscientious employees. They want to do a good job and they try to get along with their co-workers as best as possible. However, there are always the very few difficult team members who create conflict situations. They are difficult to get along with and at times, they create stress in the workplace.
- What is a conflict?
- How is conflict created?
- How do we view conflict?
- Conflict and communication styles;
- Recognizing the source of conflict; and
- Resolving conflict constructively.
Providing Effective and Constructive Feedback:
Feedback is a specific method of obtaining information about our own individual performance. Feedback lets us know where we need to improve and where to focus our actions. Personal criticism can deflate our team’s spirit and energy, whereas effective and constructive feedback is a powerful tool that helps to promote employee growth and development.
Effective feedback helps to establish an environment of trust by improving the interpersonal communication skills of the team members.
Learning Objectives :
- Avoid communicating in destructive and negative criticism;
- Keep personalities out by addressing the specific behavior and not the individual;
- Use objective language when communicating desired and unwanted behavior;
- Understand the value of providing prompt feedback; and
- Use the Feedback Planner.
Suggested Workshop Schedule:
- The training may be provided to suit your schedule:
- Two (3 hour) workshops per day – 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon
- Day 1:
- Essential Leadership Skills for Supervisors – 8 am to 11 am
- Effective Communication Skills – 12 – 3 pm
- Day 2:
- Conflict Resolution Skills – 8 am to 11 am
- Providing Effective Feedback – 12 – 3 pm
Cost of the Training Program:
For a detailed proposal of the Leadership Workshop Series, please contact us at:
or call us at: 972 991 7803
READ THE WORKSHOP DESCRIPTIONS HERE
For a description of the workshops and the Learning Objectives, please click on the following link:
Essential Leadership Skills for Supervisors and Team Leaders
Effective Communication Skills
Conflict Resolution Skills
Constructive Feedback Skills for Supervisors
Managing Negative Behaviors in the Workplace
Treating Your Team Members with Respect
Managing Stress in the Workplace
TRAIN THE TRAINER
The Train the Trainer program is designed to teach the Leadership Series and to develop each trainer’s ability by teaching effective facilitation and presentation skills. The program teaches your trainer the skills to present the full Leadership Training series.
For additional information about the Train the Trainer Program, please contact:
Isaac Botbol, Training Director at 972 991 7803 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All on-site workshops are scheduled individually, presented live at your facility. For pricing information or to schedule an on-site workshop, please contact us.